The Watts W-484 (6 Axis) CNC Pipe & Vessel Shell Cutting Machine will dramatically increase your pipe cutting and pipe beveling productivity from what it is normally done with a manual cutting process where templates are being used. It will also increase your dimensional accuracies and make the fit up much easier with the oxy/fuel or the plasma arc cutting processes.
The 3rd and 4th Axis of motion allows the torch to rotate along the linear axis of the pipe and perpendicular to the linear axis to perform true beveled holes and end cuts. The maximum rotation angle allows the torch to rotate 45 degrees from vertical in both directions. This will allow the operator to create a fitting with the edge preparation done and ready to weld.
General Features of the Watts W-484 Six Axis Pipe Cutting Machine
- Unique Floating Cutting Head Design
- Diameter Variations
- Out of Round Pipe
- Twisted or Bent Pipe
- (This tracking head tracks the torch vertically and laterally to maintain the torch position to the centerline of the pipe to compensate for up to 3" bow in the pipe.)
- Unique Floating Head at the clamping end of the pipe compensates for the following:
- End Movement on Bowed Pipe
- (This eliminates any stress and strain being transferred to the chucking mechanism which is common with fixed chuck designs.)
- Heavy Duty Tubular Steel Frame Construction.
- Maximum Load Capacity 20,000 lbs.
- Standard motors are used for all drive motors which are readily available.
- Standard bearings used throughout the machine.
- All Surfaces Coated with High Quality Paint or Powder Coatings.
- Power Tracks on Main Carriage.
- Individual Solenoids for Oxy/Fuel Torch Functions.
- Minimum length of Pipe at Drive End is 25". A pipe stub can be tacked to the remnant to maximize utilization.
- All machine come equipped with a Constant Voltage Transformer to maintain accurate incoming power. This compensates for line voltage fluctuation.
- All machines come equipped with a computer cabinet cooler to minimize the effect of excessive heat.
- Pipe Cutting Range: 6.0" OD through to 48" OD
- Maximum Load Capacity: 20,000 Lbs.
- 110 Volt Input Voltage (20 Amp Service Required) Not Including Plasma
Operator Console Wired for the following:
- One (1) Plasma Arc Station (Optional Equipment)
- One (1) Oxy/Fuel Torch Station (Victor)
- One 1 Computerized Control Price Included
- The Heavy Duty PLC Computer Control is designed to operate in extremes of temperature, humidity and vibration.
The control carriage is mounted with the cutting head for easy operator access and visibility.
- After a pipe has been set up for multitude of different cut ends and other complex fittings the entire job can be saved on the Hard Drive and can be recalled at a later date.
- Up to 2500 separate fills can be stored with up to 50 separate cuts in each file.